Ingredients to serve 6 (you can adjust the amounts of vegetables according to what you have in the fridge):
- 1 cup fresh valor (Dolichos Lablab or Hyacinth bean)
- 3 medium potatoes – washed and diced.
- half a cup frozen peas ( Allow extra cooking time if using fresh peas)
- half a cup of fresh or frozen chopped methi (fenugreek)
- 10 muthias (muthiyas) (you can use more if you like)- Recipe for muthias (muthiyas) is here
- one cup of canned chopped tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic which should be really crushed finely
- 1 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon a mixture of cumin and mustard seeds
- salt to taste
- chilly powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons of sugar or jaggery
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
1. Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan with a lid. Add the mustard and cumin seeds to the hot oil and cover until the popping stops.
2.. Lower the heat and add the potatoes, peas, valor and methi. Stir well and add the garlic, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder and sugar.
3. Add one cup of water and stir and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
4. Check that the potatoes and valor have softened. If not – allow five more minutes.
5. Add the muthias to the curry and allow it to cook for five minutes. The muthias will start to absorb all the flavours of the curry.
6. Add the tomatoes and lemon and allow the curry to simmer for a few minutes until it gets to the consistency you like.
7. Try and be gentle when stirring your curry so you can see all the vegetables when the curry is cooked.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.