Ginger is one ingredient we use everyday – starting with my early morning lemon,honey and ginger and honey drink and my ginger tea. Whenever I mange to get fresh ginger, I like to pickle them simply with salt and turmeric and lemon juice. I have a couple of slices with my food. It gives the food extra flavouring and also helps with my digestion.
- Fresh Ginger enough to fill a small bottle. I used two large pieces.
- Salt: 2-3 teaspoons
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- Enough lemon juice to top the ginger – Use freshly squeezed or any ready made brand.
1. Soak the ginger in cold water for 10-15 minutes.
2. Give the ginger a good wash. It’s believed that the ginger peel also has lots of goodness so by soaking the ginger it will be easier to scrape the outer layer using the back of a spoon rather than peeling it.
3. Wash the ginger again and slice it. I used a mandolin slicer.
4. Transfer the sliced ginger to a bowl.
5. Add the salt and turmeric to the ginger and mix well.
6. Top this with the lemon juice.
7. The pickle can be eaten within a couple of days.
Do checkout other pickle recipes in my blog:
- Carrot and Green Chilies Salad/Pickle with Mustard (Raita gajar marcha)
- Carrots, raw mango and green chillies pickle with mustard (raita gajar, marcha & keri)
- Pickled Cabbage – Japanese style
- Fresh Chilly Pickle or Marcha nu athanu
- Aubergine pickle
- Fresh turmeric pickle
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.