Do you have any dish that you enjoy rustling up for a quick snack but not sure what to call it? Well, I have the same problem with this dish. Do I call it just pasta with mixed vegetables or Pasta soup with vegetables?? I decided to call it Mixed Vegetable and Pasta chunky soup as I usually serve it for lunch with toasted french bread. This is a very tasty, easy, simple and filling recipe. It’s a great dish and you can have for lunch or dinner in the cold weather. It’s also a very healthy dish as it has loads of vegetables and no OIL.
You can make adjustments to the ingredients to suit your taste.
- 200 grams or one Cereal bowl of pasta. I used linguine but you can use spaghetti or any pasta.
- 200 grams or a cereal bowl of any vegetables. I used a mixture of carrots,peppers, peas, sweetcorn, broccoli and a small onion.
- 2 cups of tinned tomatoes (You can use fresh tomatoes or passata as well)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger,
- 2-3 cloves of grated garlic
- finely chopped fresh green chillies (optional to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puri
- 1 tablespoon of lemon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of jaggery (only use if you use lemon)
1. Put some water to boil in a large saucepan for the Linguini.
2. Whilst you are waiting for that, mash and transfer the tomatoes to another saucepan to heat.
3. Add the mixed vegetables and all the spices and herbs to the tomatoes.
4. Add one cup of water to the vegetables and allow the mixture to simmer.
5. Cut the linguini into very small pieces and add to the boiling water.
7. Drain the linguini.
10. Serve Mixed Vegetable and Pasta chunky soup hot with toasted French bread.