This is my first attempt at making Cannelloni Mixed Vegetables and Three Cheese Cannelloni. I saw several recipes on my friends blogs and adapted this to the way my family likes it. This Cannelloni Mixed Vegetables and Three Cheese Cannelloni recipe was a hit with my young son and his friends.
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen mixed vegetables (I used carrots, beans, peas, sweetcorn and peppers)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3-4 cloves of Small Garlic
- 500 grams of blended tomatoes (I used a can but you can use fresh or canned)
- 1 Large tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 Tub 250 gms Ricotta Cheese
- 125 gms of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt for the filling and 1 teaspoon for adding to the water which you need when you precook the cannelloni.
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 15 Cannelloni Tubes
- 200 gms Grated Cheddar cheese
- I tablespoon cooking Oil
1. Heat the oil and add in the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add in the spinach, mixed vegetable, tomatoes and tomato puree; plus the spices – salt, chilly powder, cumin powder, turmeric.
4. Once cooked, blend all the vegetables using a blender.
5. Allow the mixture to cool.
6. Now boil some water, add 1 teaspoon of salt to it and precook the cannelloni for about 4-5 minutes.
7. Mix the ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl.
8. Take 1 cup of the cooked vegetables and add it to the cheese mix.
9. Mix the cheese and vegetable puree. Now your stuffing is ready.
10. Using a very small teaspoon, scoop the mixture and stuff the cannelloni tubes.
11. Place the tubes in an oven proof dish.
16. Serve it Cannelloni Mixed Vegetables and Three Cheese Cannelloni hot with plenty of salad. The Cannelloni Mixed Vegetables and Three Cheese Cannelloni was absolutely delicious and got the seal of approval from my family.