Ever since I saw Somasa Chaat with Yogurt – Indian Snack Food and other street food recipe in Srivalli’s blog , I have been craving for it. I often make somosas but usually just eat them on their own so this was a whole new experience for me.
Ingredients to serve 2-3 people:
- 10-12 samosas . My recipe for making samosas is here.
- 2 cups sev. My recipe for making sev is here.
- 2 cups Plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup coriander chutney. My recipe for chutney is here
- 1/2 cup tamarind chutney. (I used ready made Maggie’s tamarind sauce)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilly powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 finely chopped onion
1. Prepare the samosas as per my recipe.
2. Prepare the coriander chutney as per my recipe.
3. Prepare the tamarind chutney.
4. Prepare the yogurt sauce: Beat the plain yogurt and add salt, pepper, chilly powder, cumin, coriander powder. (You can also add sugar if you think your yogurt is sharp). You can add ready made Chaat masala to the yogurt if you do not wish to add all the spices I used.
5. Now you are ready for preparing the Somasa Chaat with Yogurt – Indian Snack Food. Break two or three samosas in bite size pieces and arrange them in a bowl.
6. Add the yogurt mixture on top of the samosas.
7. Pour some coriander chutney and tamarind sauce on top of the yogurt.
8. Sprinkle the tomato and onion pieces on the mixture.
9. Finish off Somasa Chaat with Yogurt – Indian Snack Food with a sprinkling of sev and enjoy your Somasa Chaat with Yogurt – Indian Snack Food .
10. I also made one portion with some chora fari toppings too!
Why don’t you try this recipe served in so many variations?.