Who says you can’t use Balti Sauce in Pasta?
I love the taste of homemade Balti Sauce so when ever I make a batch, I make extra to use in other cooking. Adding Balti sauce instead of normal tomato sauce adds a real Indian taste to a traditional Italian dish.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 4 cups of penne pasta (you can use any pasta)
- 4 cups of home made balti sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese Vegans use Cheese Alternative like Violife Violife Original.
- some Olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 sweet pepper for garnishing ( you can use any peppers or chillies for garnishing)
1. Take a large saucepan and fill it with water and allow to boil ( you need to have enough water to cook the pasta). Add 1 teaspoon salt and a couple of drops of oil and then add the pasta. Follow the instructions on the packet to cook the pasta. Once cooked, drain the pasta.
2. Heat the Balti sauce and add the pasta to it and stir well.
3. Transfer the pasta mixture to an oven proof dish. Sprinkle some cheese topped with oregano and cook it in a preheated oven 160°C or 325°F (Gas mark 3) for 15 minutes.
4. Serve the balti pasta hot.
Do you have any unusual pasta sauce recipes?