The recipe for the apricot, coconut and pistachio cake has been written by a guest blogger who is also a friend of mine – Harsha Modha. Her blog is https://medium.com/recipes-for-my-children.
Harsha is a passionate foodie and crazy about egg free baking. She recently left a high pressured corporate role that she had been doing for 25 years and now has the time to pursue her love of cooking and making treats for her two grown up children, husband and mother in law. I kept seeing all the amazing things she cooked and posted on Facebook and now I am so pleased that she is now sharing her recipes through her blog. I hope that she will continue to be a guest blogger here too.
1 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup coarsely ground pistachios
1/2 to 3/4 cup castor sugar depending on your taste
260 ml sour yoghurt
6 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tin of apricot halves
1 tablespoon of sliced pistachios
Apricot jam or sugar syrup for glaze
1. Sieve the flour, castor sugar and baking powder together in one large bowl and add the remaining dry ingredients
2. Whisk the wet ingredients separately in another bowl
3. Add the wet mix to the dry ingredients and combine
4. Put the mixture into a greased and floured flan baking tray
5. Decorate with apricot halves
6. Bake at 180c for 25minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out dry
7. Once baked, glaze with apricot jam or sugar syrup and sprinkle on the pistachios
Doesn’t this cake look amazing?