Toasted cheese sandwich is the No 1 sandwich in every household and everyone has a suggestion on how to make it into a perfect sandwich. During the Christmas holidays, my son was visiting and he likes to help out by cooking for us on some days. I took pictures of him making us the ultimate toasted Cheese sandwich.
Ingredients for one sandwich:
- 2 slices of any seeded bred
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- a handful of grated mozarella cheese
- some garlic and pepper herbs
- ½ cup of milk
1. Transfer the cheese to a mixing bowl and add the milk to the cheese and mix well. Adding the milk to the cheese makes the toast creamy and also cooks the cheese evenly.
2. Spread the cheese over one slice of bread. Sprinkle the herbs over the cheese and grill the sandwich.
3. Once the cheese melts, cover it with the second slice of toast and grill both the sides of the sandwich.
A simple sandwich cooked for me by my son was one of the tastiest meals I must have had last week. ( Watch out for his pizza recipe which I will post soon!)
Do share your children’s recipes with me.
Today’s quote: “Cooking with kids is not just about ingredients, recipes, and cooking. It’s about harnessing imagination, empowerment, and creativity. ” Guy Fieri