Garlic chutney (lasan ni chutney) is a traditional Gujarati chutney which is so simple to make. It’s one of those mixes/chutney’s we always keep prepared in the fridge and use it to flavour lots of our food especially, yogurt when eating theplas and yogurt or any curry which may be mild.
- 15 -20 Cloves of peeled garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 2-3 tbls chili powder
- This chutney can be made by blending the garlic in a blender but making it traditionally is the best way.
2. Add the salt to the garlic and crush the garlic using a garlic press.
3. Add two tablespoons of chili powder to the garlic. Add the lemon juice too at this stage. Add more chili powder if the garlic mixture looks runny.
4. Drizzle some olive oil to the chutney and it’s ready to enjoy as a condiment.
5. This chutney should be pressed down into a sterilised bottle topped with some olive oil and saved in the-fridge. This chutney can last for a long time.
Would you dare to eat this garlic chutney?