As most of you know, I am following a Keto diet for health reasons. The main aim of the keto diet is to lower the amount of carbs you intake but increase the amount of fats. This is often referred to as the Low Carbs diet. When you don’t take any carbs, your body enters into a phase called ketosis. When this happens, a number of good ketones are released which will encourage your body to use your body fat to convert it into energy. The internet has lots of information about this diet and I am still getting used to changing my lifestyle and over the coming weeks, I will share more information and more recipes.
Since joining the Keto diet, I have been looking for ideas to make some interesting and easy Keto dishes. I got these ready made courgette (zucchini) spaghetti in Tescos and they are perfect for making a quick low carb. meal. If you have a spiraliser, you can make these at home too.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 250 grams of courgette (zucchini) pasta
- 2 cup passata
- pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 garlic gloves – minced using a garlic press
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 green chilies finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbls olive oil
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 red onion
- As the courgette (zucchini) pasta was ready made, cooking becomes very easy. First wash the courgette (zucchini) pasta in cold water and boil it in water with some himalayan salt added to it for 3-4 minutes to allow the paste to cook and soften. Once cooked strain it.
2. In a separate saucepan, heat the passata with all the other ingredients listed above apart from the toppings. Once the passata is hot and starting to bubble, add the boiled courgette (zucchini) pasta to it and cook for 2 minutes. 3. Serve this hot, topped with cheese and onions.
You can also serve this differently, by straining the courgette (zucchini) pasta and adding it to a bowl and tipping it with the hot pasta sauce and garnish it with cheese and onions. If your macros allow it, you can add butter or coconut butter to the passata if you wish.
Nice and simple recipe if you are on the Keto diet.
Disclaimer: This post and recipe is shared as I liked the product. I was not paid or sent any fress samples by the company. The views and comments are mine.