Not sure what to call this dish so calling it a pilaf!! This pilaf is great for quick lunches . It’s a mixture of cobbled together using up whatever I had in the cupboard and fridge – couscous, quinoa and bulger with vegetables and nuts.
- 1 cup mixed couscous and quinoa
- ½ mixture of mixed vegetables ( you can use any vegetables)
- handful of cashews
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tbls sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- some curry leaves
- Boil water in a kettle and add 2 cups to the dry quinoa, bulgar and couscous mixture.
2. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. Once they go brown – add the mixed vegetables, nuts and some curry leaves.
3. Add the salt, turmeric and the green chilies and mix well.
4. Once the vegetables soften, add the soaked quinoa, bulgar and couscous mixture to the vegetables. Mix this with the vegetables. Add 2 tbls of hot water and cover the saucepan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
5. The mixture is ready to be served hot.
6. Garnish with some nuts and curry leaves and serve.
How spicy do you like your pilaf?