I have always had Romano peppers chopped up either in a salad, pizza topping or rice. I got some large peppers and capsicums from the farmer’s market and I wanted to see how they would taste stuffed with vegetables or rice. I decided to try stuffing them at the same time as stuffing the capsicum to make Stuffed Romano Peppers and Capsicums. The result was good and we enjoyed the dish very much.
Ingredients for 2 -4 servings:
- 2 large Romano peppers
- 3 large capsicums
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of grated or blended ginger
- 1 teaspoon of blended fresh green chillies (can use more if you like hot food)
- 3 cups of cooked rice (any rice is fine. I used Basmati rice)
- 2 cups of any mixed vegetables chopped finely. ( I used carrots, peas, sweet corn, peppers and green beans)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon any cooking oil (I used sunflower oil)
8. Bake for 20 -25 minutes in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 4 (350°F/180°C) until the peppers and capsicums are tender.