In September, lots of young boys and girls will be getting ready to leave home and go to University and staying in the Halls where they will have to cook for themselves. I am sharing one of my easy and simple Potato Curry Recipe. This Student Style is easy and cheap to cook and my son made it regularly with just potatoes or often added peas or frozen mixed vegetables to the curry.
- 4-5 medium Potatoes
- 2 tbls cooking oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tspturmeric
- ½ tsphilly powder or pepper
- 1-2 tbls of tomato ketchup/sauce ( You can use tomatoes or tomato tins as well but students always seem to have a supply of tomato ketchup)
4. In a saucepan – heat the oil and add the mustard seeds.
5. As soon as the mustard seeds pop, add in the potato mixture.
6. Gently stir without breaking the potatoes and add one cup of water to the potato curry.
7. Allow this to cook for 5 -6 minutes and the curry is ready to eat with rice or any bread.
8. Left over curry can be eaten as a sandwich or wrap filling too.
9. My message to young and new chefs – No matter how simple, food cooked by your own hands always tastes nice and as you become more adventurous, you can start experimenting with more ingredients and spices.
For more curry recipes see the links below:
- Quick and Easy Potato Curry
- New Potato curry
- Potato and mixed vegetable curry
- Sweet potato and potato curry
- Potato and fenugreek curry
- Potato and capsicum curry
- Peas and potato curry
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.