Potato Curry Recipe – Student Style
This month, lots of young boys and girls will be getting ready to leave home and go to University and staying in the Halls where they will have to cook for themselves. I am sharing some of the easy and simple Potato Curry Recipe – Student Style recipes which are easy and cheap to cook.
- 4-5 medium Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chilly powder or pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup/sauce ( You can use tomatoes or tomato tins as well but students always seem to have a supply of tomato ketchup)
4. In a saucepan – heat the oil and add the mustard seeds.
5. As soon as the mustard seeds pop, add in the potato mixture.
6. Gently stir without breaking the potatoes and add one cup of water to the potato curry.
7. Allow this to cook for 5 -6 minutes and the curry is ready to eat with rice or any bread.
8. Left over curry can be eaten as a sandwich or wrap filling too.
9. My message to young and new chefs – No matter how simple, food cooked by your own hands always tastes nice and as you become more adventurous, you can start experimenting with more ingredients and spices.