Everyone has a comfort food they like to have when they are unwell. I had a really bad cold last week and didn’t want to eat anything too spicy so I made this peas and potato curry using simple and minimum spices to have it with traditional khichdi. This recipe is a regular in our home and I often make it with small variations in the spices or ingredients.
Ingredients to serve 4 people:
- 10 small new potatoes -washed and sliced
- 1 cup of peas – frozen, fresh or tinned are fine.
- 1 tbls oil
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilly powder (or as required to your taste)
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of ground cumin (jeera) powder.
- One cup of fresh or tinned tomatoes (or passata)
- 2 teaspoons lemon
- 1 teaspoons of brown sugar or jaggery
- 5-6 curry leaves
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the cumin seeds and curry leaves. Once they brown, add the diced potatoes and peas to the saucepan. Add the salt, turmeric, chilly powder, sugar or jaggery and stir well.
5. Once the potatoes feel soft, add the tomatoes, cumin powder and lemon juice and let it cook for 5 minutes.
Other curry recipes you may like from my blog are:
- Aloo Gobi recipe
- Bombay Aloo
- Dum aloo
- Potato and mixed veg curry
- New potato curryPeas and New Potato curry in tomato sauce (mutter bateta nu shak)
- Sweet potato and potato curry (rataru ne bateta nu shak)
- Farari Bateta nu Shak or Potato Curry with nuts and cumin
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information