Last weekend was really busy with family visiting and I wanted to make something quick for lunch as some of the family couldn’t stay late. I usually make pizza using bread dough as a pizza base but to save time, my son found these ready made pizza dough base from the refrigerated section in Tesco which were perfect as you just rolled out the base and spread your topping on the top. In the past I have used the Northern Dough company pizza dough from Waitrose but didn’t really get on well with it and the base was really soggy.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 packs of Tesco ready rolled pizza base
- 1 carton 500 gms passata
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 can 435 gms pineapple chunks with the juice drained
- 4-5 jalapenos or chilies
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 2-3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozarella cheese
- 2-3 peppers
- salt, sugar, pepper and chili powder to taste
- or any toppings of your choice
1. First prepare the tomato base. Heat the passate sauce and using a garlic press or something similar, crush the garlic and add to the passata. Add salt, pepper, chili powder to taste. Add one teaspoon of sugar or sweetener to the sauce. Allow this to simmer for 3-20- 25 minutes.
2. Next prepare all the toppings and keep them ready in containers or chopping board. You can use any of your favourite toppings.
3. Now your pizza is ready to assemble. Roll out the pizza dough base and the baking sheet on to a pizza tray. The baking sheet makes itvery easy for you to either lay the base straight on to the oven rack or on to a pizza tray.
4. Now add the tomato base and start adding your toppings.
5. The pizza is ready to bake. The instructions for cooking the pizza are also on the packaging but use them at your discretion. I set my oven a lot lower- 180° and it only took 15 minutes cooking time.
6. We liked the pizzas made using the ready made base. The base does rise a bit but not too much as you can actually taste the sauce and vegetables. So you don’t get a thin crust pizza but a medium rust pizza. Left over pizzas too warmed up well and retained the taste.
Other quick pizza ideas in my blog are:
- Tortilla Pizza – using tortillas as a pizza base.
- Shortcrust Pastry Base Pizza – using shortcrust pastry as a pizza base
- Ready made Vegan Pizza
- Hawaiian pizza with white sauce
- Pizza using sour dough base
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have ben tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Note: Please note I have written this review as I really like the product and wanted to recommend it to my readers. I purchased it myself and all the views in this Post are mine.