I love making this dish which I call “Tortilla Pizza” for a weekend snack. TORTILLA PIZZA easy to make dish is filling, tasty and cheap to make too. Tortillas are cheap to buy and often stores have special offers on this product. Buy the ones with the longer shelf life and keep them in the cupboard for whenever you fancy a quick snack.
Ingredients for 8 TORTILLA PIZZA:
- 8 Tortillas – can be plain or flavoured
- 3-4 cups of tomato mixture to use as base. ( You can use ready made passata or pasta sauce) I blended a tin of tomatoes, added garlic, salt, pepper and oregano to it and allowed it to cook for 15 minutes – until the sauce thickened.
- Your choice of toppings: I used pepper, onions, sweet corn , cheese and green chillies
- 1 tablespoon oregano
1. Lightly toast the tortilla on a hot griddle or tava. At the same time, heat the oven at 180 degrees Centigrade.
3. Sprinkle all the toppings leaving cheese until the last topping.
4. Transfer this to a pizza tray and cook it in the middle of the oven for 5-6 minutes.
5. Once the cheese starts to melt, remove from the oven and sprinkle some oregano.
6. The TORTILLA PIZZA are ready to eat.
As this is such a fast dish to make, it’s best to prepare several tortillas ready to go in the oven.