I love making this dish which I call “Tortilla Pizza” for a weekend snack. TORTILLA PIZZA easy to make dish is filling, tasty and cheap to make too. Tortillas are cheap to buy and often stores have special offers on this product. Buy the ones with the longer shelf life and keep them in the cupboard for whenever you fancy a quick snack.
Ingredients for 8 TORTILLA PIZZA:
- 8 Tortillas – can be plain or flavoured
- 1 cup of tomato passata.
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings such as pepper, onions, sweet cor , cheese and green chilies
- 1 tablespoon oregano
1. Heat the passata and add in the garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Cook this for 5 minutes.
2. Prepare all the toppings by cutting them into slices. Grate the cheese.
3. Pre heat the oven at 180 °C or 340 ° F or Gas mark 4.
4. Lightly toast the tortilla on a hot griddle or tava. Once warm – spread the tomato sauce on it
5. Add all the toppings to it – leaving cheese until the last topping.
6 . Transfer this to a pizza tray and cook it in the middle of the oven for 5-6 minutes. Once the cheese starts to melt, remove from the oven and sprinkle some oregano.
7. The Tortilla Pizza is ready to eat.
As this is such a fast dish to make, it’s best to prepare several tortillas ready to go in the oven.
Other Tortilla recipes in my blog:
- Hot and Spicy Tortilla Sandwiches
- Tortilla wraps with Quinoa, vegetables and nuts
- Bombay Sandwich Recipe using Corn Tortillas
Other quick Pizza recipes in my blog are:
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.