I have seen a lot of recipes with Quinoa and I was keen to try some recipes with it as it is highly appreciated for its nutritional value; its protein content is fairly high –though not as high as most beans and legumes.
There is lots of information and recipes using Quinoa on the internet and I found the following had lots of information about Quinoa:
- 23 Superfoods To Add To Your Diet For A Healthy Life.
I found that Quinoa on its own didn’t taste much but adding some spicy vegetables and nuts to the quinoa made it a tasty meal.
Ingredients for 4-6 wraps:
- 6 tortilla wraps
- ½ cup Quinoa
- 1 medium sized potato
- 1-2 small onions
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 green chillies chopped finely (optional)
- 1 tsp grated ginger (optional)
- 1 cup mixture of chopped almonds and cashews
- 1 tsp salt (as per your taste)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 -3 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- some salsa , pepper, green chutney or red chutney for serving
1. Wash and cook the Quinoa as per the instructions on the packet. Mine asked for one part of Quinoa to be cooked with 5 parts water. I added a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of oil to mine. Once cooked I had quite a lot of cooked Quinoa and I kept the leftover Quinoa in the fridge to use in another recipe.
2. Using a mandoline or grater, grate the potatoes, onions and carrots.
4. Add the grated potatoes, peas and ginger. Add the spices – salt and turmeric and stir the mixture. Cook until the potato feels soft. It took me 3 minutes in my microwave.
6. Spread the cooked vegetables over the Quinoa.
7. Roll the tortilla and arrange them on a greased baking tray. To stop them from sticking to each other, rub some oil on the tortillas before arranging them next to each other.
8. Sprinkle a couple of teaspoons of water over the tortillas and cover them if foil and cook them in the oven for 15 minutes at 170 degrees F (or 75 Degrees C) .
9. Remove the foil after 15 minutes and sprinkle the cheese over the tortillas and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Other quick recipes using tortillas in my blog are:
- Tortilla Pizza
- Bombay Sandwich Recipe using Corn Tortillas
- Spicy Vegetarian Tortilla Wraps
- Tortilla wraps with Quinoa, vegetables and nuts
- Hot and Spicy Tortilla Sandwiches
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.