I bet you have all guessed that not much blogging got done whilst I was busy shopping online!! I was lucky that my sons were home for Christmas and they took on the challenge of cooking for us by using my blog for the recipes. I was quite impressed by some of the stuff they cooked!!
I made this quick and easy stir fried rice for us all when we were all hungry one midnight after playing Monopoly!! I don’t usually approve of midnight snacks but my boys were home and I was happy to do anything for them!! I decided to cook something light and quick for the midnight snack. I made this quick and easy stir fried rice which we had with plain Greek Yogurt.
Ingredients for 4-6 servings:
- 4 cups cooked plain basmati rice
- 1 medium potato
- ½ cup peas (I used frozen peas)
- 1 onion sliced finely (I used red onion)
- 1 fresh carrot
- 1-2 green chillies for garnishing (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
1. You need to make sure you have cooked the rice. This recipe would also work with left over rice.
2. Chop your onions finely.
3. Dice the potatoes and carrots into very small cubes.
4. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds to the oil.
5. Once the cumin seeds get brown, add the onions and allow them to soften.
6. Add the potatoes, carrots and peas.
Other quick rice dishes you may enjoy are:
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.