I really don’t know anyone who doesn’t love pizza. However you can never be sure how healthy ready made pizzas will be. I love making HOMEMADE PIZZA to my own taste with my choice of toppings. I did a review between homemade pizza and Pizza hut which you may find interesting.
My recipe is very easy to make as I use a ready mixed bread dough which has yeast added to it. The instruction on the packet are perfect and the base always turns out good.
Ingredients for 2 large Pizza:
- 500 gms Bread flour for the base ( the one I used was ready mixed with yeast)
- For the topping you can use as much or as little of the following:
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes (400gms size)
- 8 cloves of garlic – crushed
- Mixture of green, red and yellow peppers
- A small bowl of diced pineapples
- 2 sliced onions
- A small bowl of sweetcorn
- 2 or 3 finely diced chillies
- A mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- Slices of mozzarella cheese
- Fresh or dry oregano
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil (mainly for greasing the pizza trays)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the dough with 325 luke warm water (or as instructed on the bread mix). Mix well for 5 minutes.
2. Place the dough on a floured surface and rest it for 5 minutes.
3. Knead the dough again for two minutes and divide it into 2 balls.
4. Rest the dough balls for 5 Minutes.
6. Now – prepare the toppings – starting with the tomatoes. Drain of the excess juices from the tomatoes.
7. Gently heat the tomatoes. Do not use very high heat as you do not need to boil the tomatoes.
8. Add the crushed garlic, salt and pepper and let this cook slowly.
9. Prepare your other toppings and keep them ready.
10. Put all your toppings on the pizza base. Make sure that you leave the crust clear of any toppings. sprinkle some oregano on the pizza.
12. Serve your HOMEMADE PIZZA with a jacket potato and salad.
If you find that you don’t have enough time to make a base here are some easy suggestions:
- Use a french bread as a base. Checkout my French Bread recipe here
- Use naan bread as a base. Checkout my recipe for naanza here.
- Use Tortillas as a base. Checkout my recipe for Tortilla Pizza here.
- Get the ready rolled pizza bases. Checkout my recipe here
- Use a ready made short crust base to make a pizza. Checkout my recipe here.
For people on Keto diet check out how to make Almond and Coconut Flour with Psyllium Husk pizza base. My recipe is here.
For a really exciting and unusual pizza try making my Crown Pizza and impress your guests.
Pizza parties, where they make pizzas using a jiko (Kenyan cooker using charcoal), have become very popular in UK – Check out this recipe by a blogger I follow.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.