It’s been very hot in the UK for the fast 2 weeks and we have been enjoying lots of salads, fruit and ice-cream. This has meant that none of us have wanted a big meal at mealtimes. FRENCH BREAD PIZZA is a quick and simple recipe to make when you are hungry and want something extra with your salad.
- Loaf of unsliced bread (any bread is fine )
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- one red pepper
- one onion
- 2 green chillies
- grated cheese (I used cheddar cheese)
- some oregano
- a small mixture of salt, pepper, coriander and cumin powder mixed to your taste
- 2 tablespoons Passata sauce (or any tomato sauce)
1. Slice the bread and put it under the grill to brown on one side.
2. Cut the onions, green chillies and pepper (you can use other toppings too).
3. Add the spice mixture and olive oil to the sliced vegetables.
4. Remove the bread from the grill and butter the uncooked side.
5. Top it with the sliced vegetables covered in olive oil.
6. Pop this under the grill for a minute.
7. Spread the cheese on top of the vegetables.
8. Cook FRENCH BREAD PIZZA under the grill until the cheese starts to melt.
9 Sprinkle with Oregano and serve on its own or with salad