My husband loves raita and this week, I didn’t have any cucumber so I made him some raita using apples and carrots. The apple I used was Empire Apple and it’s flavour was amazing. The sweetness of the apple with the crunch of the carrots together with the aroma of coriander and garlic made this a winning combination.
Ingredients for 2 -3 servings:
• 2 cups of Greek style yogurt (Vegans can use soya yogurt)
• 1 medium freshly grated carrot
• 1 medium grated apple (I used Empire Apple)
• 1 clove of fresh garlic (minced using a garlic press)
• 2 fresh green chillies finely chopped plus one for garnishing
• ½ tsp. salt
• ½ tsp ground black pepper
• 2 heaped tsp English mustard (you can use any similar)
• small bunch of coriander
1. Add the grated carrots, apples and chopped chillies in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the greek yogurt (or vegan yogurt) to the mixture, add the salt and the mustard and mix well. Add the freshly chopped coriander and mix well.
3. Garnish with Black peppers and green chillies and serve cold.
How do you make raita?