My husband loves raita and this week, I didn’t have any cucumber so I made him some raita using apples and carrots. The apple I used was Empire Apple (which I usually use to make apple crumble) and it’s flavour was amazing. The sweetness of the apple with the crunch of the carrots together with the aroma of coriander and garlic made this a winning combination.
Ingredients for 2 -3 servings:
• 2 cups of Greek style yogurt (Vegans can use soya yogurt)
• 1 medium freshly grated carrot
• 1 medium grated apple (I used Empire Apple)
• 1 clove of fresh garlic (minced using a garlic press)
• 2 fresh green chillies finely chopped plus one for garnishing
• ½ tsp. salt
• ½ tsp ground black pepper
• 2 heaped tsp English mustard (you can use any similar)
• small bunch of coriander
1. Add the grated carrots, apples and chopped chilies in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the Greek yogurt (or vegan yogurt) to the mixture, add the salt and the mustard and mix well. Add the freshly chopped coriander and mix well.
3. Garnish with Black peppers and green chilies and serve cold.
How do you make raita?
More raita recipes on my blog are:
- Carrot and Green Chilies Salad/Pickle with Mustard (Raita gajar marcha)
- Cucumber carrot and green chilies raita
- Raita: Spicy Yogurt Dip with carrots and fresh mint
- Lemon Cucumber Raita
- Pomegranate raita
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.