Last Saturday Mr J cooked dinner accompanied by a delicious banana raita. So I wanted to make something equally nice but slightly different as an accompaniment for our Sunday dinner. I made the raita using nearly every herb in my fridge and when we tasted it – the flavours were amazing. The freshness of the mint, the aroma of coriander, ginger and garlic together with the hot chillies ….wow..unbelievable flavours!
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 3 cups of Greek style yogurt
- 1 medium freshly grated carrot
- ½ cup of freshly chopped mint
- ½ inch of fresh ginger – grated finely
- 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic (minced using a garlic press)
- 2-3 fresh green chillies finely chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 heaped tsp.English mustard (you can use any similar)
For the tempering:
- 1 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
1. Add the grated carrots, chopped chillies, chopped mint, grated ginger and minced garlic in a bowl.
3. In a separate saucepan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds to it. Once the mustard seeds stop popping, switch off the heat. Add the oil to the raita mixture and stir.