Last Saturday Mr J cooked dinner accompanied by a delicious banana raita. So I wanted to make something equally nice but slightly different as an accompaniment for our Sunday dinner. I made the raita using nearly every herb in my fridge and when we tasted it – the flavours were amazing. The freshness of the mint, the aroma of coriander, ginger and garlic together with the hot chilies ….wow..unbelievable flavours!
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 3 cups of Greek style yogurt
- 1 medium freshly grated carrot
- ½ cup of freshly chopped mint
- ½ inch of fresh ginger – grated finely
- 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic (minced using a garlic press)
- 2-3 fresh green chilies finely chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 heaped tsp.English mustard (you can use any similar)
For the tempering:
- 1 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
1. Add the grated carrots, chopped chilies, chopped mint, grated ginger and minced garlic in a bowl.
3. In a separate saucepan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds to it. Once the mustard seeds stop popping, switch off the heat. Add the oil to the raita mixture and stir.
How do you make raita?
More raita recipes on my blog are:
- Carrot and Green Chilies Salad/Pickle with Mustard (Raita gajar marcha)
- Cucumber carrot and green chilies raita
- Apple and Carrot Raita
- Lemon Cucumber Raita
- Pomegranate raita
- Banana raita
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.