I have created a list of 15 easy to make Indian sweets/desserts which can be made during any festival. With Diwali round the corner, it may help some of you with my step by step recipes:
1.Mumbai Ice Halwa -This is usually eaten at Diwali in UK but in India there are specialist shops who sell them all round the year. It is a rarity in UK.
2. Kalakand barfi -This a quick and easy sweet to make.Try it & surprise your friends & Family.
3. Mohanthal a Traditional Gujarati Sweet.- This is a traditional popular sweet with Gujaratis
4. Adadiya – Indian sweet which is also considered to be a healthy dish to have during the winter months.
5. Saffron Penda – If you need a sweet dish in a very short time then these pendas are delicious and really easy to make
7. Semolina Halwa – It’s one of those easy to make sweets that Gujarati’s are always finding excuses to make.
12. Quick Chocolate Barfi – The barfi is quick and easy to make and layering it with chocolate gives it a great taste.
13. Gulab Jamun – A Rich Indian sweet Dessert is an Indian sweet traditionally made out of powdered or evaporated milk blended with plain flour, fried & soaked in sugar syrup.
15. Magaj A Chick pea flour sweet. Magaj is one sweet where you can add sugar at the end of the cooking.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.