I know that every household has creative recipes where leftovers get a makeover.
So what can we make with leftover chapatis?
- If you were in the mood for something sweet, you can convert these chappatis into a sweet called ladoos.
2. You can cut the chappatis into halves or triangles and fry them and sprinkle them with salt and pepper or chaat masala. it makes a great snack.
3. Or you can make this spicy tempered Chapattis called Vaghareli rotli. This dish is a favourite of mine and my niece and we love it for brunch. This dish converts left over chapatis into a tasty meal. This dish is often eaten as breakfast in lots of Gujarati homes.
Ingredients to serve 2:
- 4 to 5 leftover chapattis
- one cup yogurt – good time to use up any natural yogurt who have leftover in the fridge. The sharper the yogurt – the better the taste of the finished product.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 crushed green chillies ( Can use as much or as little as you like)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar.
- a small bunch of coriander
1. Cut up the chappatis in small pieces
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the mustard seeds and turn the heat to low.
3. Add the chappati pieces and stir them in the oil.
4. Add the salt, turmeric, garlic, green chillies and stir again.
5. Add one and a half cup water to the yogurt and mix it well.
6. Add this to the chapattis and turn the heat to medium.
7. Allow this to cook for 5 minutes and add lemon and sugar to the mixture.
8. Add coriander to the mixture and stir well. As the chappatis cook, they will soak up the liquids. You may need to add some hot water if the mixture starts to stick to the base of the saucepan.
9. The taste of this recipe should be spicy with a hint of sweet and sour so adjust the taste to your liking.
10. The finished product should be soft but not too runny.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.