As most of you know, I am following a Keto diet for health reasons. The main aim of the keto diet is to lower the amount of carbs you intake but increase the amount of fats. This is often referred to as the Low Carbs diet. When you don’t take any carbs, your body enters into a phase called ketosis. When this happens, a number of good ketones are released which will encourage your body to use your body fat to convert it into energy. The internet has lots of information about this diet and I am still getting used to changing my lifestyle and over the coming weeks, I will share more information and more recipes.
Since joining the Keto diet, I have been looking for ideas to make some interesting and easy Keto dishes. I made these almond, coconut and psyllium husk tortillas which can be used as a pizza base, paratha or even to make crispy doritos.
Method for 6 small tortillas
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cut Psyllium Husk
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 tbls greek style yogurt
- pinch of soda bicarbonate
For the Pizza:
Any toppings of your taste. some suggestions:
- ½ cup passata
- 1 onion
- ½ pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 fresh greenchillies
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Mix the almond and coconut flour and add the psyllium husk. Add the olive oil and yogurt and mix. Use warm water to bind the flours.
2. Divide the flour into 6 balls. Roll out the tortilla and use a large cookie cutter to cut the tortillas. You can also shape the dough to make small cases similar to pie cases.
3.One all have been rolled out, place them on a silicon mat and cook them for 5-6 minutes at 130 F (54 C).
4. Once cooked – allow these to cool and store in a zip lock bag in the fridge.
4. I used a couple of the bases to make pizza.
5. I also used them for making nachos – topped with cheese and chilies.
6. And lightly fried one to have as a paratha with keto friendly karela curry.
Lots of ways to use these tortillas.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook and Follow us on Twitter. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.