Last month we ate at Wagamama’s which is a restaurant chain, which serves Asian food based on Japanese cuisine. One of the sides we ordered was called Bang Bang cauliflower which is described as ” crispy wok-fried cauliflower coated in firecracker sauce mixed with red and spring onions, garnished with fresh ginger”. We had ordered it as a starter and it was delicious. We asked the staff for the recipe but were only given a list of ingredients which went in making the dish. The taste of this dish is enhanced by the firecracker sauce. Looking at the list and the recipe for the firecracker sauce, my husband and I tried to create the dish. We couldn’t replicate the taste but our first attempt wasn’t bad. This is one of the recipes we liked. We followed it but added a few more ingredients to achieve the taste we liked.
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce (we used ready made sauce)
- 1 tbsp. sriracha (we used ready made sauce)
- 2 tbls fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbls Soy sauce
- 1 tbls tomato sauce
- 1 tbls almond flour
- 1 small red onion chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 220 F or 110 C . Apart from the cauliflower and chopped onions, add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Transfer the cauliflower to an oven proof dish and pour the sauce over it. It will look a bit dry but as it cooks, cauliflower releases water. Now lower the oven temperature to 150 and cook this for 30 minutes and check it at 15 minutes and give it a stir.
3. Allow some of the cauliflower to be charred a bit.
4. Serve it hot garnished with green onions and red chilies. I used finely chopped red onions in mine.
Have any of you tried Cauliflower Bang Bang?If yes, any tips on what I could have done better?
Cauliflower is also great for making other dishes such as:
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook and Follow us on Twitter. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.