Cauliflower never appealed to me when I was young. I hated its shape and would hardly eat it. But now, I love cauliflower. I can eat it raw in salads and even cooked in curries. My favourite is Cauliflower BangBang. I love the way flavours get attached to cauliflower so that it always tastes like a new dish. Cauliflower and peas is one of those curries you can cook in a jiffy if the cauliflower is ready prepared beforehand. To make it a bit more colourful I added some frozen peas to the cauliflower.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- One medium cauliflower – washed and cut into small pieces.
- one cup frozen peas
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil (Most cooking oils are fine but try and use one which is low in saturated fats and trans fats)
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of ground cumin (jeera) powder.
- One cup of fresh or tinned tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped finely
- small piece of ginger – grated finely
- 2 green chilies also finely chopped
- A small bunch of fresh coriander.
How do you serve your gobi mutter curry?
Cauliflower is also great for making other dishes such as:
- Cauliflower and potato curry
- Cauliflower and sweet potatoes soup
- Aloo Gobi
- Cauliflower and Broccoli Curry with Cashew Nuts
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.