There are several paneer recipes on my blog. I am always trying out new variations of mutter paneer and often the taste is guided by the taste of my children. This recipe was made at the request of my son and he wanted me to use plenty of double cream in the dish. Using home made paneer made this dish taste great. Paneer is home-made, unsalted, white cheese. It has a fresh quality and a dense, crumbly texture that goes beautifully with strong flavors.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 cups Home made paneer :(If using store bought paneer try and look for softer version of paneer)
- I cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp ready made Patak’s tikka masala paste
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger (or use the cubes of frozen chillies, ginger and garlic)
- 2-3 cloves of freshly minced garlic
- 2-3 green chillies cut finely
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- half teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ cup cashewnuts, powdered
- 1 cup of Pasatta
- ½ cup of double cream
- Small bunch of chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup sunflower oil or similar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute
- Salt to taste
How do you cook your paneer?
- Home made paneer
- Paneer and mixed veg stir fry.
- Mutter paneer curry
- Peas, Spinach and Paneer curry (palak muttar paneer)
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.