I have quite a few Paratha recipes on my blog e.g. Stuffed parathas, garlic and coriander paratha, the spicy paratha with tomatoes, onions and garlic. These parathas are also very similar. The only difference is that I used a combination of chappati flour and bread crumbs. These parathas came out soft and fluffy.
Ingredients for 10-12 parathas:
- 1 cup wheat flour (often called Atta or chappati flour)
- 1 cup bread crumbs. Recipe for bread crumbs is here
- 1 small piece of grated ginger
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Small bunch of finely cut coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mixture of coriander and cumin powder (dhanna jiru)
- 2 tablespoons oil to add to the dough
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt to add to the dough
- ½ cup flour for dusting the parathas when rolling them.
- 2 cups oil for frying (I use sunflower oil)
1. Sieve the flour and bread crumbs. Add in the salt, turmeric, coriander, sunflower oil and yoghurt and mix well.
2. Using some warm water, mix the dough until you get it soft and pliable like playdough. Cover the dough and allow it to rest for 30 minutes. The dough became so lovely and soft with a fragrance of all the spices – almost as though I was making dhebras. I must try making some dhebras with bread crumbs soon.
3. Divide the dough into 10 -12 small balls.
4. Like my other paratha recipes roll out one paratha and brush some oil on one side and sprinkle some flour on top of the oil.
5. Divide this into half:
9. Remove once they get a bit dark like below and serve them hot with any curry.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.