Paneer is an ingredient that is being used in so many recipes and in India, most homes make it regularly. Paneer is a by-product of milk and is surprisingly easy to make if you follow these simple steps. Fresh Paneer can be added to a variety of vegetables to make a curry. It can also be added to samosas, porathas and even pizzas!
- 1.5 litre whole (full cream milk). (I used organic milk)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Put the milk to boil. When it starts boiling, lower the heat completely.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and stir the milk. Watch the milk curdling and small yogurt like pieces will form. Switch off the heat and add the third teaspoon if you will it’s necessary. I needed the third tablespoon.
3. Take a muslin cloth and lay it over a colander. If you wish to use the whey for any recipes, then put the colander on top of a saucepan to collect it. Drain the milk on muslin cloth and allow it to drain for about 5 minutes. At this stage, you can add spices such as cumin or fresh grated ginger to spice up your paneer. I left mine plain.
4. Your paneer is now ready. If you want solid paneer, put some weight on the drained paneer and leave it on for an hour. Cut it into cubes and use it when required. You can also freeze the paneer cubes.
Tip: You can also use vinegar or citric acid crystals instead of lemon juice.
This recipe makes about 190 gms of paneer.
Some Paneer recipes in my blog:
- Paneer and mixed vegetable stir fry
- Mutter paneer curry
- Creamy mutter paneer curry
- Keto friendly chili paneer.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.