As most of you know, I am following a Keto diet for health reasons. The main aim of the keto diet is to lower the amount of carbs you intake but increase the amount of fats. This is often referred to as the Low Carbs diet. When you don’t take any carbs, your body enters into a phase called ketosis. When this happens, a number of good ketones are released which will encourage your body to use your body fat to convert it into energy. The internet has lots of information about this diet and I am still getting used to changing my lifestyle and over the coming weeks, I will share more information and more recipes.
Since joining the Keto diet, I have been looking for ideas to make some interesting and easy Keto dishes. Paneer is an Indian Cheese and is allowed in the Keto diet so occasionally I have been having either chill paneer or saag paneer for my dinner.
Chili paneer is a popular snack/starter with most of my family. It’s basically a stir fry using paneer, peppers and onions with various sauces and spices. Some recipes do use a slurry of corn flour to coat the paneer but I have not used it as corn flour is not allowed in the keto diet – plus we never use it in our recipe for chili paneer.
- 2 cups of diced paneer (Paneer is available in most Supermarkets in the cheese isle.
- ½ Red pepper
- 1 Onion
- 2-3 hot green chillies
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili flakes to taste
- 2 tbls soy sauce
- 4 tbls oil
- 5-6 fresh curry leaves
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tbls fresh lemon juice
- Slice the peppers, chilies and ginger and dice the paneer.
2. Heat 2 tbls of oil and add some cumin seeds and once tey brown add the paneer and stir fry until it browns lightly.
3. Once browned, remove and set aside.
4. Add the rest of the oil and stir fry the onions, , chilies and ginger. Add the salt, chili flakes and curry leaves. Add the peppers and cook these for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the soy sauce, half the coriander and lemon juice. Stir fry some more for about 3-4 minutes.
6. Garnish it with coriander and serve it hot as a snack or starter.
Who doesn’t love chili paneer?
Some more keto recipes:
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.