As most of you know, I am following a Keto diet for health reasons. The main aim of the keto diet is to lower the amount of carbs you intake but increase the amount of fats. This is often referred to as the Low Carbs diet. When you don’t take any carbs, your body enters into a phase called ketosis. When this happens, a number of good ketones are released which will encourage your body to use your body fat to convert it into energy. The internet has lots of information about this diet and I am still getting used to changing my lifestyle and over the coming weeks, I will share more information and more recipes.
Since joining the Keto diet, I have been looking for ideas to make some interesting and easy Keto dishes. For this I have used tomatoes which are not encouraged in the Keto diet but being vegetarian and following a keto diet regularly, allows me to include the tomatoes some times.
- 2 large aubergines
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 cup passata
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 8-10 small mozzarella pearls
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170C (325F or Gas mark 3). Wash and thinly slice the aubergines lengthwise. Dry them with a kitchen paper. Brush some oil on both sides of the aubergine slices and arrange them on a baking tray. Cook these for 10 minutes.
2. Slice the peppers and onion as per your choice.
3. Layer a baking tray with the passata and add some salt and pepper to it. Cover the sauce with the aubergine slices. and add more sauce on the aubergines.
4. Now add the sliced peppers and onions.
5. Cover the peppers and onions with the rest of the aubergine slices and sprinkle this with lots of grated cheese and mozzarella pearls.
6. Bake the dish at 170C (325F or Gas mark 3) for 15 minutes. Garnish with pepper and serve it hot with some salad.
Do you like Aubergines? How do you cook them?