Recently I was asked to go on a low carbs diet for health reasons. I did some research online and decided to follow the Keto Diet. In simple terms, in this diet you give up all carbs and increase your fat intake. The main aim of the keto diet is to lower the amount of carbs you intake but increase the amount of fats. This often referred to as the Low Carbs diet. When you don’t take any carbs, your body enters into a phase called ketosis. When this happens, a number of good ketones are released which will encourage your body to use your body fat to convert it into energy. The internet has lots of information about this diet and I am still getting used to changing my lifestyle. At the moment I don’d have enough knowledge about the diet but over the coming weeks, I will share more information and more recipes. I made these stuffed peppers These peppers have been stuffed with cauliflower and broccoli filling topped with cheese.- All allowed under the keto diet.
Ingredients for 2 servings :
- 3 peppers
- 1½ cup boiled caulifloer1cup boiled broccoli
- 1½ cup passata
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 red chilies
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste (recommended for the keto diet)
- pepper to taste
- 2-3 spoons of olive oil to taste
- some cherry tomatoes
- Wash and cut the peppers in half. Rub some olive oil on them and grill them for 3-4 minutes until they soften.
2. Lightly mash the cauliflower and broccoli and add the salt and pepper to taste. Fill this mixture in the peppers. You can add more spices if you like as most spices are allowed in the keto diet. Top the cauliflower and broccoli filling with cheddar cheese. In a baking tray, make a layer of the passata and place your peppers on top of the passata. Top the cheese with sliced chilies and add some cherry tomatoes on the top. The tomatoes help to add flovour to the peppers. Cook these in the oven for 30 minutes on a medium heat – 150 degrees F. 3. Serve these hot with salad. if possible, include some avocados in your salad. You can also use olive oil dressing on the salad as keto diet suggests you increase you fat intake.
Do you have any vegetarian Keto recipes to share?