As most of you know, I am following a Keto diet for health reasons. The main aim of the keto diet is to lower the amount of carbs you intake but increase the amount of fats. This is often referred to as the Low Carbs diet. When you don’t take any carbs, your body enters into a phase called ketosis. When this happens, a number of good ketones are released which will encourage your body to use your body fat to convert it into energy. The internet has lots of information about this diet and I am still getting used to changing my lifestyle and over the coming weeks, I will share more information and more recipes.
This is another easy to assemble Keto friendly meal.
Ingredients for two servings:
- 1 large Aubergine (Eggplant)
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2-3 tables olive oil
- ½ cup passata
- 2-3 sweet Thai chili
- 2 green chilies (optional)
- 1tsp oregano
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Wash and slice the aubergines thinly – using a mandoline slicer. You can slice them lengthwise or in circles.
2. Spread some Olive oil on the base side and sprinkled with Himalayan pink salt and pepper on the side facing up.
2. Cook these first slices in the oven for 6-8 minutes whilst you prepared the toppings. You can choose any pizza toppings allowed in the Keto or low carbs diet.
3. Once the aubergine slices are cooked, topped them with passata, peppers, onions, chilies and cheese. Sprinkle some Himalayan pink salt and pepper on them . Put them back in the oven for 6-7 minutes.
4. Garnished them with oregano and serve them hot with some salad.
I am always looking for Keto friendly vegetarian recipes so do please share yours too.