I experimented and made these pattis using a recipe very similar to the dhebra recipe but not frying them. As most of you know, I am following a Keto diet for health reasons. The main aim of the keto diet is to lower the amount of carbs you intake but increase the amount of fats. This is often referred to as the Low Carbs diet. When you don’t take any carbs, your body enters into a phase called ketosis. When this happens, a number of good ketones are released which will encourage your body to use your body fat to convert it into energy. The internet has lots of information about this diet and I am still getting used to changing my lifestyle and over the coming weeks, I will share more information and more recipes.
These pattis are made with keto friendly ingredients.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbls Psyllium husk
- 2 tbls green chilies, ginger and garlic paste. (made this by grinding them together using some water
- handful of coriander or fenugreek (or both)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbls sesame seeds
- pinch of soda bi carbonate
- 3-4 tbls olive oil
- Apart from the oil, put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil and bind the dough using warm water. Knead well.2. Divide the mixture 10-12 small balls
3. Damp your hands and press down each ball to form a small round patty.
4. Heat a non stick frying pan and cook these on both sides by spreading some olive oil on each side. I browned mine to make sure that they had cooked through.
5. Once cooked – serve them hot with raita made with thick Greek style yogurt.