Most Gujarati’s make different variations of Dhebras as they are tasty and last a couple of days. They are perfect for picnics and lunch boxes. I had posted a recipe for Methi na Dhebra last summer. Since then, I made several different variations of dhebras and wanted to share this Multigrain Dhebra with methi (fenugreek), semolina and organic flaxseed powder variation with you. I have used the same flours as the previous recipe but also added coarse semolina and flax powder to make these dhebras. The semolina, gave them extra texture and taste. I added the flax powder as it is a rich source of essential fatty acids such as Omega 3, active enzymes and fibre. The taste of the dhebras was still just as nice.
Most of the ingredients and the full recipe is here. The extra ingredients are in bold in the recipe below:
Ingredients for about 25-30 dhebras:
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- ½ cup chana (chick pea) flour
- ½ cup of semolina
- ½ cup of Organic sprouted Flax powder
- 1 cup cut and washed fresh fenugreek
- 1 teaspoon finely blended green chillies ( I used 1 tablespoon as I like my dhebras hot and spicy)
- 1 teaspoon finely blended ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely blended garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame seeds.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup of fresh live Yoghurt ( I used homemade yoghurt)
- 1 litre oil for deep frying (I used sunflower oil)
14. Serve them with some chutney and a cup of tea. Dhebras taste great cold as well.