Spinach Paneer Curry or Saag Paneer is one of those dishes everyone tends to order in a restaurant. It is a nice accompaniment with naan bread. Spinach Paneer Curry or Saag Paneer an easy to make dish and fairly healthy. I like making Spinach Paneer Curry or Saag Paneer as it a very quick dish to make.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 6 cups of chopped fresh baby spinach ( You can use frozen spinach too)
- 2 cups of diced paneer
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil (You can use any cooking oil)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green finely blended green chillies
- 2 tsps of grated ginger
- 2-3 cloves of grated garlic
- half a can of tinned tomatoes
- half a cup of fresh plain yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (optional)
1. Transfer the spinach to a microwave dish, add half a cup of water and cook it covered for 3 minutes.
2. The baby spinach should be soft now. Allow it to cool.
3. Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil and add the cumin to it.
4. Once the cumin gets brown, add the diced paneer and cook it until it gets golden brown.
5. Now, blend the tomatoes and add them to the paneer.
6. Add the blended green chillies, ginger, garlic and salt .
7. Whilst this is simmering, blend the cooked spinach and add it to the paneer and tomato mixture.
9. Stir well and cook for a further 5 minutes. If you have cumin and coriander powder, add it now.
10. Your Spinach Paneer Curry or Saag Paneer is ready to serve with rice or naan bread.