Here’s a simple and easy recipe for making a healthy soup which can be a good starter. You can make Sweet Corn Soup as spicy or as bland as you like. I like to make my soup fairly simple and keep all the condiments on the table for people to add as required.
Why Sweet Corn soup?
Ingredients for 4 servings of Sweet Corn Soup:
- 3 cups sweet corn (I used frozen sweet corn but you can use fresh or tinned and adjust cooking time accordingly)
- 1 Onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 tablespoons of semolina
- 3 cups hot vegetable stock ( I used vegetarian bouillon granules but you can use vegetable cubes or anything similar)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Small piece of ginger (optional)
1. Pour some hot water on the sweetcorn to defrost it. Drain the sweet corn and put into a food processor with the onions, garlic, ginger, and semolina and blend it to a smooth mixture. If you like hot and spicy soup- you can add 2 green chilies.
3. Add some pepper to the soup. (You won’t need to add any more spices if you have used the Stock granules or cube)
4. Add half a cup of plain yogurt (vegans can add soya yogurt) to the soup and stir well.
5. Let it simmer gently for 10 minutes. If the Sweet Corn Soup hasn’t blended well, you may wish to blend it again.
6. The Sweet Corn Soup is ready to serve; you can serve Sweet Corn Soup with warm home made garlic bread.
You may wish to try some of these soup recipes from my blog:
- Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Soup
- Spicy Tomato Soup
- Butternut squash Soup
- Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Tomato Soup Indian Style
- Oven Roasted Tomato Soup
- Kung Pao Corn (Corn in tomato sauce)
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.