The butternut squash soup was very quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot with minimum spices. The Instant Pot(IP) is a pressure cooker but can also be used as a slow cooker. rice cooker, sauté/browning, yoghurt maker and steamer.
If you do not have the Instant Pot – Follow this recipe
Ingredients for 10 servings of soup:
- 1 large butternut squash. I weighed mine after chopping it and it was 900 grams.
- 5-6 cloves of fresh garlic – minced using a garlic press
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin and coriander powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbls Instant potato powder such as Smash
Remove the Butternut Squash’s thick outer skin and cut the BS into small chunks.
4. Turn off the saute mode and close the lid. Put the IP onto the manual mode and cook the soup for 20 minutes.
5. Once the pressure is released, open the IP lid and add the Instant potato mix. Using a blender, blend the soup and serve it hot with home made bread rolls .
Do share any of your Instant Pot vegetarian recipes on my facebook page.