I haven’t been sharing my recipes regularly for the past few months as one of my family member hasn’t been well and needs a lot of care. This has meant that a lot my cooking has had to be quick and simple – like this curry.
Every time I pick up a store bought paneer I notice that they change suppliers and the quality of paneer changes too. The paneer I used for this recipe was firm like cheese so I didn’t marinade it. I lightly stir fried it in some oil and cooked it with very few spices. It worked well and tasted great.
Ingredients for 2-3 servings
- 1 pack of paneer (225gms)
- 2 cups of peas
- 2 tsps oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 cloves of garlic – grated or minced
- 1 cup tomato (fresh or tinned)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2-3 tsps mixture of coriander and cumin powder (dhana jeeru)
- 2 tsps jaggery
- ½ cup double cream
- Cut the paneer into cubes. Heat the oil in a non stick pan and add the cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds get dark. add the garlic and stir the oil. Add the garlic cubes to the oil with the garlic. Add the spices – salt. turmeric. chili powder. cumin and coriander powder. Stir the paneer so that all the spices coat the paneer. Cook this on medium heat for 5 minutes taking care that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
2. Add the peas and allow them to soften.
4. Add the cream and stir and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Your curry is ready to be served hot with rice .
How do you cook your paneer?
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.