Stir fry vegetables with tofu, soya or paneer make a quick and tasty meal when you are in a hurry.
What is Paneer? Paneer is an Indian Cheese made by curdling milk with something acidic like lemon juice or yogurt to hot milk. The curds and whey are then separated by tying the mixture in a muslin cloth. The soft cheese is then pressed, in the cloth, between two weights for a couple of hours and then cut into cubes. My recipe for making paneer is here. Paneer is available in most Supermarkets in the cheese isle. Paneer can be used in lots of Indian recipes – the most popular one is mutter paneer or paneer cooked with other vegetables.
- 225 grams of paneer (fresh cheese which can be made at home or bought from the Supermarkets)
- 4 cups of mixed vegetables ( I used green beans,carrots, peppers, spinach, babycorn and mangetout all chopped into manageable cubes or slices)
- 2 cups passata
- 1 cup cashews
- 2-3 tbls red thai cooking sauce
- 3-4 tbls soy sauce
- 100 gms dry rice vermicelli noodles
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander and cumin powder
- 2-3 green chilies (optional)
- 2 tbls sunflower oil
- Dice the paneer into small cubes. Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the paneer cubes.
2. Add the thai red sauce and stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the cashews to the paneer and cook for a minute. Allow the paneer to lightly brown.
4. Add the mixed vegetables and passata and one cup of hot water.
5. Add the spices – turmeric, salt, coriander and cumin powder and green chillies (chopped into small pieces) and stir well. Add the soy sauce and allow this to simmer.
6. Whilst the vegetables are simmering, boil the noodles as per the instructions on the packet.
7. Serve the stir fried mixed vegetables, nuts and paneer with thai sauce on a bed of noodles.
How do you like to have your noodles?
Some more paneer recipes from my blog are:
- Paneer with Tikka masala
- Paneer and mixed vegetables stir fry
- Creamy Mutter paneer
- Mutter paneer curry
- Paneer tikka masala
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.