Ingredients for stir fry vegetables with paneer and thai sauce:
- 225 grams of paneer (fresh cheese which can be made at home or bought from the Supermarkets)
- 4 cups of mixed vegetables ( I used green beans,carrots, peppers, spinach, babycorn and mangetout all chopped into manageable cubes or slices)
- 2 cups passata
- 1 cup cashews
- 2-3 tbls red thai cooking sauce
- 3-4 tbls soy sauce
- 100 gms dry rice vermicelli noodles
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander and cumin powder
- 2-3 green chillies (optional)
- 2 tbls sunflower oil
- Dice the paneer into small cubes. Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the paneer cubes. 2. Add the thai red sauce and stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the cashews to the paneer and cook for a minute. Allow the paneer to lightly brown. 4. Add the mixed vegetables and passata and one cup of hot water.5. Add the spices – turmeric, salt, coriander and cumin powder and green chillies (chopped into small pieces) and stir well. Add the soy sauce and allow this to simmer. 6. Whilst the vegetables are simmering, boil the noodles as per the instructions on the packet. 7. Serve the stir fried mixed vegetables, nuts and paneer with thai sauce on a bed of noodles.
How do you like to have your noodles?