I have always loved sweet corn especially the canned version. I love eating it cold in salads and I’ll often open a small can for my lunch and just eat it cold. This reminds me of my student days!!
My sister in law introduced me to Sweet Corn Curry with Nuts and Desiccated Coconut curry (makai nu shak) which I think is her signature dish. I have altered the recipe slightly by omitting the onions and adding cashews and coconut to the dish. If you like your curry to be rich and creamy and slightly sweet, you will like this sweet corn curry. If you use frozen or canned sweet corn, this is a quick and easy dish to make.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 4 cups of frozen sweet corn (if using fresh sweet corn – boil it first. For canned sweet corn, drain the juices and wash the sweet corn with cold water)
- 1 cup any tomato mixture
- ½ cup mixed peanuts and cashews
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1 teaspoon dry cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chilly powder (use more if you like hot food)
- 2-3 cloves of blended garlic
- Small bunch of coriander or some curry leaves for garnishing
Other Sweet corn recipes from my blog are:
- Sweet corn soup
- Makai kadhi (yogurt soup)
- Bateta makai pawa ( potato and sweetcorn with flaked rice)
- Sweet corn salsa
- Kidney beans and sweet corn curry
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.