Why do I love Salsa so much? I can only think I want more.
So do you prefer salsa or cha cha cha?
I love sweetcorn so when I saw this recipe for corn salsa in a Mexican recipe book, I had to make it with a slight Indian twist to it. It’s really quick and easy to make as a side dish with any meal.
- 1 medium onion
- 2-3 gloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of finely grated ginger
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 4 sweet peppers in a variety of colours
- 1 tomato
- 4 hot green chillies
- 2 cups sweetcorn
- 1 tbls lemon juice
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- bunch of chopped coriander
- cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp coarsely ground pepper
1. Chop the onions, tomatoes and peppers as finely as you can. Chop the green chillies too.
2. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. Once they go dark brown, add the onions, garlic and ginger and allow to cook until the onions are soft.
4. Add the lemon juice, oregano and basil and serve the corn salsa hot or cold.
I am sending this this recipe to this month’s In My Veg Box “Onions” event hosted by Tina of The Spicy Pear and run by Nayna of Citrus Spice UK