Why do I love Salsa so much? I can only think I want more.
So do you prefer salsa or cha cha cha?
I love sweetcorn so when I saw this recipe for corn salsa in a Mexican recipe book, I had to make it with a slight Indian twist to it. It’s really quick and easy to make as a side dish with any meal.
- 1 medium onion
- 2-3 gloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of finely grated ginger
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 4 sweet peppers in a variety of colours
- 1 tomato
- 4 hot green chillies
- 2 cups sweetcorn (frozen or tinned)
- 1 tbls lemon juice
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- bunch of chopped coriander
- cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp coarsely ground pepper
1. Chop the onions, tomatoes and peppers as finely as you can. Chop the green chillies too.
2. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. Once they go dark brown, add the onions, garlic and ginger and allow to cook until the onions are soft.
3. Add in the sweet corn, peppers, tomatoes, coriander, salt, pepper and ground cumin and stir fry this for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the lemon juice, oregano and basil and serve the corn salsa hot or cold.
Other Sweet corn recipes from my blog are:
- Sweet corn soup
- Makai kadhi (yogurt soup)
- Bateta makai pawa ( potato and sweetcorn with flaked rice)
- Sweet Corn curry with nuts and coconut
- Kidney beans and sweet corn curry
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.