Next time you fancy a quick but rich sweet try this badam halwa/sheera with saffron,nutmeg and cardamom.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 cup almond flour or ground almonds
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup ghee
- 2 cups milk
- generous pinch of saffron
- generous pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp cardamon
- handful of almonds for garnishing
- In a non stick saucepan, heat the ghee and add the almond flour and cook it for 2-3 minutes making sure you don’t burn the flour.
- In a second saucepan, heat the milk, sugar, cardamon and nutmeg. Once it reaches boiling point, turn off the heat.
- Now add the hot milk to the almond flour.
- Now keep cooking this and stirring all the time until all the milk is evaporated and the mixture starts to leave the side of the saucepan.
- Serve it hot garnished with almonds.
How do you like to eat your Almond Halwa? I like mine with ice cream.