Almond halwa is a rich dessert which is usually made when you are expecting friends. It’s made using ground almonds. Luckily, almond flour is now sold in most supermarkets so we don’t have to spend time grinding almonds.
Next time you fancy a quick but rich sweet try this badam halwa/sheera with saffron,nutmeg and cardamom.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 cup almond flour or ground almonds
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup ghee
- 2 cups milk
- generous pinch of saffron
- generous pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp cardamon
- handful of almonds for garnishing
- In a non stick saucepan, heat the ghee and add the almond flour and cook it for 2-3 minutes making sure you don’t burn the flour.
2. In a second saucepan, heat the milk, sugar, cardamon and nutmeg. Once it reaches boiling point, turn off the heat.
3. Now add the hot milk to the almond flour.
5. Now keep cooking this and stirring all the time until all the milk is evaporated and the mixture starts to leave the side of the saucepan.
6. Serve it hot garnished with almonds.
How do you like to eat your Almond Halwa? I like mine with ice cream.
More dessert recipes you may wish to try are listed below:
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on email@example.com for more information.