Carrot Halwa is an Indian dessert made4 from carrots, milk and sugar. When carrots are sweet and in season, this is a quick dessert to make. It is usually flavoured with saffron, cardamom and topped with nuts.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 140 grams of freshly grated carrots
- ½ cup milk
- ½ full cream
- 5-6 tbls sugar (can adjust to your taste)
- 4 tbls of melted unsalted butter
- 10 almonds sliced
- ½ tsps ground cardamon
- ¼ tsps ground nutmeg
1. Pour the melted butter in a saucepan and cook for 6-7 minutes with the lid on . The carrots should start to get soft.
2. Once they get soft, add the milk and cream and cook this on low heat stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes.
3. Now add the sugar, the ground cardamom, nutmeg and half of the sliced almonds.
4. Keep stirring until all the liquid have been absorbed and the Carrot Halwa starts to leave the saucepan sides.
5. Remove the halwa to a serving dish and garnish it with nuts. Serve warm on its own or with cream or Icecream.
More dessert recipes you may wish to try are listed below:
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.