I’ve always loved raw carrots since childhood. I was always told that they were good for my teeth and eyes as they were full of vitamins and yes carrots are full of Vitamin A.Ever since I was given jack lalanne juicer as a present – I have not stopped juicing. But I never thought of including the recipes in my blog until recently. Yesterday, I bought loads of carrots from a farm shop and was also given some from a friends allotment. They were the sweetest carrots we have ever eaten. The fresh juice was even nicer. The best juice is natural carrot juice but you can make the juice by adding some ginger or coriander to spice it up if you like.
1. Peel your carrots and wash them well.
2. Cut them in manageable pieces and keep them soaking in cold water for 10 -15 minutes.
3. Drain the carrots and put them through your juicer.
4. Your HEALTHY CARROT JUICE is ready to drink.
5. I serve it natural but you can jazz it up with a lemon slice or a sprig of mint.
6. Did you know you can make all kinds of tasty treats from the pulp leftover after juicing. You can make carrot cake from carrot pulp. I used the carrot pulp to make gajar halwa.
In the past, I have used the carrot pulp for adding to handhwa or even muthia (recipes for this are in my blog)