Curry and rice are such a favourite for a lot of families in UK. Mixed vegetable curry is one of our favourites as it’s a good way of getting everyone to eat a variety of vegetables.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of chilly powder
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of a mixture of cumin and coriander powder
- 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (optional)
- 2 medium sized boiled potatoes
- 3 cups of any frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup of passata ( or crushed tinned tomatoes)
- Small bunch of coriander (for garnishing)
- 2-3 green chillies (optional)
1. Soak your frozen vegetables in hot water and once they soften, chop them into smaller pieces.
2. Heat the oil in saucepan and add the cumin and mustard seeds to the oil.
3. The mustard will pop when the oil gets hot and the cumin will start to get darker. This means that the oil is ready.
4. Rinse the frozen vegetables and add them to the heated oil.
5. Add the salt, turmeric, chilly powder, crushed garlic and cumin coriander to the mixture and stir well so that all the vegetables get coated with the spices.
6. Cook this for a minute and add the passata to this mixture with one cup of hot water.
7. Allow this to simmer gently for 6-7 minutes.
8. Chop the boiled potato into small cubes and add it to the mixed vegetables.
9. Stir well and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
10. Add the lemon juice and brown sugar if you like a sweet and sour taste.
11. Transfer Potato and mixed vegetable curry to a serving dish and garnish with green chilies or coriander
Other curry recipes you may like from my blog are:
- Aloo Gobi recipe
- Bombay Aloo
- Dum aloo
- Potato and mixed veg curry
- New potato curry
- Peas and New Potato curry in tomato sauce (mutter bateta nu shak)
- Sweet potato and potato curry (rataru ne bateta nu shak)
- Farari Bateta nu Shak or Potato Curry with nuts and cumin
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information