- 12 to 15 small new potatoes
- I cup of tinned tomatoes
- 2 tbls cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- 2-3 fresh green chilies (optional)
- ½ tsp garam masala
- a small bunch of coriander
- 1 tbls of lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey (this optional. Vegans can use sugar)
1. Wash the new potatoes and steam them with the peel on. I used a pressure cooker to steam mine.
2. Use a fork to prick the potatoes and check that they are cooked. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly by pouring cold water over the potatoes. Now gently peel the potatoes. Cooking potatoes this way keep them whole.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the cumin seeds to the oil.
4. Once the cumin seeds are dark, add the peeled potatoes. Allow the potatoes to be coated in the oil.
5. Add the salt, turmeric and chilly powder to the potatoes. Also add the green chilies if you are using them.
6. Add the honey and allow the potatoes to cook on medium heat . Allow the potatoes to get a nice coating of all the spices.
7. Blend and add the can of tomatoes and lemon and pour it over the potatoes. Stir well but gently to avoid breaking the potatoes.
8. Allow this to cook for 5 minutes.
9. Sprinkle the Curry with garam masala and coriander and serve the curry with some Indian bread.
For more potato curry recipes see the links below:
- Potato Curry Student Style
- Potato and mixed vegetable curry
- Sweet potato and potato curry
- Potato and fenugreek curry
- Potato and capsicum curry
- Peas and potato curry
- Potatoes and nuts starter
- Garlic potatoes
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.