- One and a half cups Mung dall
- half can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 green chillies – chopped (use less if you are not keen on hot food or just slice the chillies so some of its flavour goes in the dall)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (sugar is fine too)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- small bunch of coriander
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard seeds
- 1 or 2 pieces of cloves and cinnamon (optional)
- pinch of asafoetida (optional)
Cooking time: 20 -30 minutes depending on how long the dall was soaked for.
Although we call this a dall, do not stir the dall too much as the dall then becomes like a soup. In fact, the Gujarati’s do not add a lot of water and make their dall fairly dry. They serve it with Khadhi – which is a heavenly tasting soup made from Yogurt.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.